Re: Tempest (WG) convergance

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 14:11:20 EST

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, David Shoemaker wrote:

> Ideas? I have tried to adjust it but nothing really seems to make it any
> better (I can of course make it much worse).

Have you done the complete purity/convergence procedure from the Greg
Woodcock FAQ ? (Including positioning the deflection coils, adjusting
the magnets, and using rubber wedges under the coils ?)

Just as a warning -- a buddy and I spent 4 hours one Sat afternoon doing a
convergence adjustment on my Tempest. (Luckily, the wives went out shopping
and took loner than we did :-)

This procedure will usually cure all the problems, but it takes time and
patience.