Re: Screwy characters on a Star Wars display with WG monitor

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_oz.net>
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 18:25:00 EST

> Looks like a weak chassis transistor on the Y-axis. Letters are only
> deformed on the top half of the screen. Replace as needed.

Actually its not just the upper, if you look at screen 1 and 3 you can see
that the right leg of the "A" on the bottom of the screen is much shorter
than it should be (it doesn't go below the cross bar).

Plus using tempest on the same monitor the character set is just fine. I
had originally thought that the board might be at fault but I have seen it
with more than one board set constantly.

I am starting to think that maybe its part of the whole pin cushion
correction thing. But I don't remember my SW looking like this when I had a
WG in it (this is someone else's I am working on).