What's the most common Amplifone HV failure?

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 12:15:00 EST

Ok. I have two newly rebuilt Amplifone HV boards, complete with wintron
HV transformers. After a few months, one of them silently went out. So
I thought - Hmmm. It went out rather quietly - nothing blown. So I put
new capacitors back in and it worked again for a couple months - then
again it went out. Now, last night my other Amplifone HV went out
quietly. When they go out, the red Led goes on.

Does anyone have the same experience? I've been using the Bob Roberts
Cap kits. I've ordered some higher quality ones to see if that gives my
HV board some longevity. Like I said, nothing else appears to be
damaged or blown. It's just the LED goes on and the picture goes out.
I've also tried adjusting the pots to make sure the HV wasn't being shut
off.

Matt