Tailgunner PS

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 11:36:13 EST

Hi all,

Well, I started digging into my Tailgunner last night. Pull the PS and
rebuilt that first. After replacing a UA723 and IN4004, I had the
+/-25VDC and +5VDC working.

The PS is a Xentec; has two large caps, a 2N6055 mounted on it's face, and
the regular littlefuse circuit breakers, and a large transformer.

According to some schematics I found, there is a "Spot Kill"
(aka F.W. Rect DC) output. I'm not sure what the output is supposed to
be, but the wire is white and leads to this...

http://www.enteract.com/~jenison/pics/tailtrans.jpg

I believe where the burn marks are were two IN4004 diodes with the banded
ends going towards the white wire, and the other ends going to each of the
brown wires adjacent to it.

Can anyone confirm this for me, and give me an idea of what type of output
I should be seeing on this output? Thanks.

Previous owner was nice enough to have put a 20AMP fuse where the 5AMP
should be, and a 5AMP where the .5 AMP should be :-(

--
Mark Jenison