Re: VSM troubleshooting, Asteroids

From: Kev <mowerman_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 13:39:29 EST

Yes I'm hoping not to need to duplicate the efforts of someone else (plus
I'm not real anxious to learn VSM programming).

I had envisioned a script that I could run from a 9010A (and that could be
stuck into a ROM format after perfected).

Problem as I see it is most of the VSM data is sent to the DACs and that is
the point where you would start troubleshooting back from, if you had a
"signature" or data pattern of some sort.

I was hoping it was possible to start some sort of counter loop that would
count 0-1024 repeatedly. (and be useful)

Thanks,
Kev

> At one point I was convinced it would be possible to program a test rom
set that would exercise the VSM and even give pointers to where the problem
might be, but I never got around to trying to code anything. It is a bitch
to troubleshoot as it is now and requires quite a bit of luck :(