Re: Star Trek spinner jumps

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 14:09:12 EST

OK -- this is maddening. I touched up a loose ground pin (where the two
ground wires are crimped together out of the control pannel, to the buttons
and the spinner), that was the only loose wire. Still happens.

The weird thing is, the amount of jump is repeatable. If I put it in
self-test mode, I can rock the knob back and forth, on what should be a
single digit change, and have the spinner number change bettween say 35 and
94, and back again over and over.

(Until it decides to stop the self-test on it's own and contiue on to the
sounds. ARGH!!!!!! Is there a time-out on this dang self test, or another
problem ? The spiner is the only input that acts up durring game play).