Make your own LF13331?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 19:31:57 EST

Yup, it's an obsolete part. It's getting hard to find. How about
making your own?

If I had any ambition I'd be making these myself and selling them to
anyone that wants them. But someone else can do that, not me.

You will need an IC socket and a not-the-best analog switch IC such as a
DG212, DG202, or MAX332. (Something with a similar on-resistance to the
LF13331 and can handle the power supply voltage).

Put the IC UPSIDE DOWN on the IC socket. Pin 1 of the IC socket will be
pin 8 of the IC and vice versa. Solder it to the socket. Trim off the
extra pin length.

Now plug it into the game. Pin 1 of the SOCKET plugs in to the pin 1
position of the game (you might want to paint a dot on the IC (pin 1 of
socket, pin 8 of IC).

The disable pin of the LF13331 no longer works on this retrofit, but
according to Cinamatronics schematics it isn't used anyway.

Well, at least it sounds good in theory. Perhaps someone some day will
give it a try. (I don't have games any more).