dot re-appearing on an lv2000 (g05)

From: Andy Welburn <warlords_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 12:39:24 EST

hi all.

this ones puzzling me... after recieving a dead WG 15LV2000 monitor and
fixing it (shorted bridge rectifier) it plays liek a dream, super crisp
picture despite the heavy asteroids deluxe screen burn which doesn't bother
me too much :)

Anyhow... i was so pleased with the monitor i had to leave it last night
after fixing it at 1am :)

I did notice when i switch it off, the beam flicks around a bit then returns
to center and fades out to nothing....

but then..... the beam comes back about 5 seconds later, it fades in to
almost full power and sits there while everythign is switched off, after
about 15 seconds or so it starts to go dim and then dissapears...

from what i know of the circuit and from reading the theory in the manual i
know it should have something to do with the spot killer ;) [i'm clever,
me]

i whipped out both mpsu 03's and couldn't see a problem...

can anyone suggest anything?

despite the fact the monitor is crisp-o-tron and works lovely, it doesn't
bother me too much, but i can see that it will eventually burn a nice dot in
the middle for me :|

any help appreciated! :)

Andy