Re: Asteroids monitors G05-801 / G05-802 and 19V2000

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 12:29:17 EST

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Mark E Davidson wrote:

> If memory serves me, The G05 1 is not pined the same as the latter
> G05's. I remember having to make an adapter for my Lunner lander to
> replace the old G05 with the newer version
>
> I thing the older go5-1 uses .156 straight pins where the g05-2 used the
> molex connector similar to the WG monitors

I'd also check the supply voltage before plugging a newer monitor in.

Some Lunar Landers (and perhaps early Asteroids) supplies provided both a
65VAC and an 85VAC supply. I think the G05-801 can handle either.

I'm using such a supply on a W-G V2000 (60VAC) in a restoration project,
but had to make an adaptor to make sure I was only getting my power from
the 65VAC winding of the transformer, as I wasn't sure if the V2000 (or
G05-802) could handle the 85VAC, and didn't want to find out the hard way.

Since you're not swapping power supplies, you don't have to worry about
the connection from the power supply to the rest of the wiring harness
unless the supply voltage to your monitor is high.

Later,
Doug.

--
 dougj   |