Re: Amplifone - Shrinking vectors.

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 04:04:37 EST

My guess (and it IS just a guess, but probably a good one) is that the
yoke return line current sense resistors (R18 & R30?) are changing
resistance (increasing) as they get hot.

One way to prove this is to connect a scope in XY mode to the ungrounded
side of those two resistors. If BOTH the monitor picture and the scope
picture shrink at the same time I'm wrong about the resistors. But if
the monitor picture shrinks but the scope display doesn't the problem
could be the resistors (especially if this only happens in one axis) or
the high voltage power supply voltage going UP.