Re: Red Baron sideart repro?

From: Matthew Sell <msell_at_ontimesupport.com>
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 12:27:03 EST

I contacted a few printing companies about reproducing the side-art for the
upright Red Baron, and the lowest quote I received was $170/sheet (side) in
individual quantities.

Since I wound up paying about $350 for my upright, I figured another $340
was a bit steep for side art.....

Just a little more info for the process.....

         - Matt

At 12:00 PM 3/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I talked to Phillipe at Arcade renovations. He quoted me a price of $1000
>plus $150 if I wanted die cut sideart.
>I asked him if this was just set-up costs and what the per-piece cost would
>be and if there was a minimum number I would need to order.
>I havent heard back from him. But I havent pressed the issue either. He
>indicated to me that he wasnt interested in making it a joint venture
>because the final per piece cost would be high and the demand low. I think
>there was a total of 4 individuals who contacted me expressing interest in
>the sideart reproduction.
>I did have one person contact me who had access to an oversized scanner that
>could take the sideart in one pass, but he has since fallen off the face of
>the planet.
>
>So the sideart sits snugly in its tube & my RB is in the gameroom awaiting a
>working Deflection board. But since it is sandwiched between the BZ & the MH
>you cant see much of its artwork anyway.

Matthew Sell
Programmer
On Time Support, Inc.
www.ontimesupport.com
(281) 296-6066

Join the Metrology Software discussion group METLIST!
http://www.ontimesupport.com/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi

"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad

Many thanks for this tagline to a fellow RGVAC'er...