Re: Marque sticker

From: someotherguy <someotherguy_at_someotherplace.com>
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 11:21:16 EST

It also helps removal if you heat the marquee a little bit. I usually set
control panels that I need to strip on top of my shop's gas heater for a
short while until they are warm to the touch, then the overlay peels off
much easier. In regards to metal control panels, I use an automotive gasket
scraper.

I did this once to a Millipede marquee (which is basically the same design
as the Star Wars) without heating it, and the adhesive pulled up strips of
wood out of the marquee frame, right at the rounded edge on the bottom.
Needless to say this would have presented a cosmetic issue upon installing
the new marquee overlay, so I had to fill in the strips with bondo and sand
it down carefully to re-create the contour. Came out fine, but what a pain.

The one I'm doing currently is a Major Havoc marquee for a Tempest
conversion. I already stripped the overlay, now I just have to clean it up.
Yuck!

Richard