Re: TECH: Major Havoc crystal question

From: LOUIS SRIANOMAI <louisurfer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 16:14:58 EST

Brian,

Off hand, I don't know which one A6 is but:

Changing Y1 to 10mhz will make the music faster

Changing Y2 to 10 mhz will make the game play faster and will affect the
XY slew rate. I'm not sure what it'll do to a WG monitor.

<snip from Jess's post regarding game difficulty>

  If you want to make it even easier
                    Put a 9MHz crystal at Y1
                          8MHZ crystal at Y2
This is how the conversion boards are set up so that the XY outputs are
slow enough for the slow slew rate of the Wells-Gardner monitors. The
amplifone monitors are much faster and tighter and can handle the
quicker XY inputs.

<end snip>

I don't have an ampliphone, and most of my MH conv boards have different mixes
between 8 and 9 mhz crystals and play just fine. If I were you, I'd replace it
with an 8 mhz (if you can't get a 9.xxx) if you're using a WG, plus the game's
just too damn hard (okay I suck at it).

L.