Elim 4-proto...really proto?

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 09:59:37 EST

Hi all,

Ok, this is getting suspicious...

I burned the EPROMs last night and put them in my dedicated. Took me a
while to figure out that the information with the EPROM set is wrong (the
text file says it uses the 315-0070 security chip...should use the
original 315-0076 like e4player uses). Could you fix this Tom?

Anyway, it worked, but I could not advance test mode with the service
switch as normal (though the test for the switch itself worked in test
mode). Out of test mode, pressing the service switch did not result in
all 4 players being credited as normal.

However, pressing ANY of the player buttons while in demo mode causes the
game to begin a 4-player game!

Did Al, Dave, Zonn, or some other person hack these EPROMs to give
Elim 4-player free play, as I have been asking for for years? Seems
pretty convenient that they show up now...

...but I'm not complaining :-)

--
Mark Jenison
Probably the only person interested in this thread