Re: What monitor is in an original Japanese Taito Asteroids cocktail?

From: Marc Alexander <marcwolf123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 06:52:03 EST

ow, four posts in a row. Looks like I may answer my own question.
Is it a HOEI vector monitor? I just dug up a jpeg schematic and
it looks like it.

I will add to my question then, what was the original Taito Asteroids
board like and how did it differ?
The Asteroids Deluxe board has INV Y as well as INV X, and the machine has
tricky control panel switching logic for the 2 control panels, I assume
based on the START1 and START2 leds, and uses INV Y and X to flip the screen.

But the (Atari) Asteroids pinout on spies has no INV Y. I just looked at the
Atari Asteroids schematics and INV X and INV Y are not shown.

Cheers,

Marc