Re: What monitor is in an original Japanese Taito Asteroids cocktail?

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 07:52:31 EST

>Does anyone know if an Atari Asteroids has an undocumented INV Y on it?
>I'd like to put Asteroids back in it when I get a board to suit, and
>was wondering if it has an INV Y input I can use without modding the board.

According to some information in this message:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=asteroids+%22inv+y%22+group:rec.games.video.arcade.collecting&hl=en&scoring=d&selm=6cs3q0%2414q%40crchh327.us.nortel.com&rnum=6

Both X and Y are combined on pin 19 on an Asteroids board. Maybe they could
be separated earlier on in the circuit? I don't know. Haven't tried it. No
doubt more knowledgeable folks than I can advise. :)

Phil