RE: Cinematronics HV supply problem

From: <David.Fish_at_axcelis.com>
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 08:11:41 EST

Matt,

 Alot depends on the type of Hi-V circuit that your monitor
has. Is it the on-board type or one of the two off-board
types (Keltron or PTK). Also, what do you get for the other
two voltages; the +400V and the +90V? It might be easier to
narrow down with that information.

 As for recapping, there are two caps on the on-board style
that could conceivably cause a low output voltage: C19 and
C20, a 5uF @100V and a 10uF @100V electrolytic, respectively.
If I recall correctly there's not much that can be swapped
out in a Keltron and I think that the PTKs are sealed.

Dave