Re: Cinematronics HV supply problem

From: David Fish <dfish1_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 10:05:01 EST

If you've already swapped out the 723 regulator and the 47uF/100V
electrolytic without success try the two 22uF/50V axial lead
electrolytics and the TIP31A transistor. The other transistor in
the unit I'm looking at now is a BD537. I don't have another one
to check against to see if this one is the original or not. If you
replace all these and it still doesn't work you could pull and check
the two polyprop' caps C31 and C41, check the diodes and
try to ohm out the resistors. If the problem is in the transformer
windings, or on the secondary side, you might as well throw it
in the trash.

Good luck,
Dave