Re: I need a card cage for star trek

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 12:15:30 EST

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Daniel Piraino wrote:

> I need a card cage for my star trek cockpit. I dont care if it works I
> can get it functioning on my own.

You need just the card cage, or the entire boardset w/card cage?

> I have just bought some controls and
> have some spare boards but I need buttons for the cockpit version, the
> others dont fit.

The buttons aren't standard leaf switch buttons?

> If someone has a cockpit that they dont mind parting I
> can use some parts for th cabinet itself. Some parts are missing from
> mine. I know thats a long shot but I need help here so I can restore the
> cabinet. I have also been thinking about making it into a sega
> multigame, anyone done this yet. Is it true you need the sound boards
> for each game to get the proper sounds.

Yes, you need a least 3 different sound boards to run all Sega XY
games.

I don't have the multigame kit; do people just play Tac/Scan sideways?

Also, how would you do the button layout in a Star Trek cockpit for games
like Space Fury and Eliminator? I suppose if you made up some separate
blank panels for the cockpit control panels, modified the wiring harness
so you could plug and play the new panels you could play those.

--
Mark Jenison