G08 F400 Blows

From: Tim Tewalt <tim_at_srccomp.com>
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 16:48:29 EST

Hi again fellas...

I recently rebuilt and recapped a G08 and after letting it warm
up for 20 minutes or so, F400 blew. It was blown before the
rebuild but I didn't have any slow-blow fuses so replaced it
with a 5 amp fast-blow. Just for grins, I popped in a 4 amp
fast-blow and it fries on powerup.

Is there any common component failure or out-of-whack screen
adjustment that could cause this? I checked the obvious stuff
like the bridge rectifier, but it all looks OK. The monitor
appears to work fine until the fuse blows. Nothing smokes, nor
does any component smell "hot".

Any hints/tips are appreciated. Thanks.

Tim