Re: Amplifone HV

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 10:50:19 EDT

I hate to blow my own horn, but this sounds like a job for my Flyback test
kit. The unit will test HV transformers in circuit and let you know
instantly if the transformer is shorted, open or OK. All you do is hook one
lead to the collector of the output transistor and the common lead to
Common/ground of the circuit. There are a row of LEDs and you just look at
the colour of the LEDs, red is bad, yellow means compare with a good
transformer, and green is good. The kit is inexpensive and a boon to
repairing monitors, along with the ESR kit for checking electrolytic
capacitors in-circuit...very reasonably priced...

Flyback/LOPT kit: http://www.flippers.com/fbt-main.html

ESR meter kit: http://www.flippers.com/esrktmtr.html

I was reluctant to post this but on the other hand folks are selling other
items to help the Vector community so why not these great tools. We use
them in our shop all the time...

John :-#)#