Re: Re: Bulk buy on Wintron flybacks

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 19:30:24 EDT

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:18:16 -0700, John Robertson <pinball@telus.net> wrote:

>Yes, no, maybe.... ;-) Revisions cost time/money. I'll see though. Would it
>be better to cut out if one of the two deflections fails? Or only if both
>croak? As I anticipate this will draws it's power from the deflection
>supply, if the Positive supply fails then so would the HV cage.
>
>An LED on the cage would be nice to show that at least it has some power...

Let me ask this, would this power supply have the 25kv over voltage protection
required by law? If so, this would be a good place to add more disable logic
since there is logic already there to disable the supply.

If it doesn't, then this supply could not be used in build new monitors, though
as a hobbyist HV supply, it can probably be sold, since at that point you are
offering just an HV supply, and the buyer can do whatever they want with it --
though people buying these should be careful to set the voltage below 25kv when
installing them. Voltages above 25kv generate X-rays.

-Zonn