Re: WG6101 (Tempest) minor stuff

From: Walt <wfeeger_at_rushmore.com>
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 10:47:24 EDT

You need to adjust the HV to 19.5kV - 14kV is a bit low.

The pots on the Tempest mainboard should be adjusted to get the correct size
and centering of the picture.

The screen adjustment on the HV will likely take care of the problem with
the retrace lines. Just adjust it until you see the lines, then back it off
until they disappear.

You should go into the diagnostic mode and adjust the RGB pots on the
neckboard to get the proper color balance. I believe there is a section in
the Tempest monitor on this procedure.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the burned resistor
on the AR2 board indicates that you may have bad edge connectors on the
Tempest boardset.

On the red color fading out. You might have a bad red gun in the tube, but
I had this exact same problem on my Black Widow. Red would go out after the
game warmed up or wasn't present at all. Turned out that the molex
connector for the red color coming from the main harness had pushed back
into the housing and was not making proper contact with the mating
connector. Pushing the connector back into place fixed the problem.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.