Re: Re: Bulk buy on Wintron flybacks

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 15:30:46 EDT

Zonn wrote:

> The gold box supply from Keltron used in the Cine monitors is rated at 16kv, so,
> do B&W monitors have leaded glass?
>
> -Zonn

Back when you asked this I didn't have an answer. Now, with a Sylvania
tube manual in hand, I can quote you this:

"Tube type made with X-radiation limiting glass for viewer protection.
For continued X-radiation protection, such tubes must be replaced ONLY
with tube types made with an equivalent X-radiation limiting glass."

Sylvania claims a 19VARP4 can be operated up to 18 KV.