Re: Atari Cat Box questions

From: mccullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 07:34:46 EDT

Atari released a CAT Box troubleshooting guide for _Centipede_, complete
with signatures.

The CAT Box manual explains how to test RAM, inputs and outputs on several
game boards. If you want to test main RAM, for example, all you need is
that game's memory map to see where it's located. Then you just perform the
RAM test function.

Again, with the memory map, you can test specific inputs and outputs on the
game's motherboard. If you want to test Player 1 Start LED, for example,
you just punch in the command to tell it to do so.

I think I've seen signature data on some _Asteroids_ schematics...