Star Trek Cockpit Questions

From: Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <vector_at_hawkmountain.net>
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 20:01:23 EDT

I'm begging work on fixing/restoring a Star Trek cockpit and have a
few questions....

1. Where is the best place to get replacement plexi ? All the smoke plexi
   on the overhead piece (which has a curve in it), and the small flat piece
   aprox above the seat, and the flat larger back piece behind the seat all
   have large cracks in them. The flat pieces I would think would be easy,
   the big questions is how to reproduce the bend in the replacement piece
   for the top... ?

2. Anyone have a set of locks from a trashed cockpit, or are these available
   anywhere.... I have one (but no key) of the plunger locks, with two
   of them missing, the back lock (monitor) looks pretty standard...

3. There are black transfer scuffs in quite a few places on the plastic
   from getting up against other games/etc in transit. Is the plastic
   molded white (which is what I suspect) ? If this is so, what is the
   best plastic "buffing" compound to use to remove the tranferred material ??

Thanks in advance,

  -- Curt