Re: lowest price on H1812 or cross?

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 16:04:50 EDT

I've been doing some research on capacitors lately, the ESR meter that we
have been selling is giving us better clues as to finding ideal capacitors
for various jobs. Some apprentices at my shop are currently checking all
the electrolytic capacitors in our stock, and the cap kits that we buy and
we shall be producing a long list of caps and their ESR reading that shall
be forwarded to the designer of the ESR meter kit to compile and
distribute. I shall post a copy of the results on my web site in the next
week...

As for the requirement for high frequency capacitors - the parts listing on
the monitor in question should give a clue as to the type of capacitor
recommended for each placement. I do find that one should follow the
recommendations....For example, C908 (4u7/150V) should be a high frequency
cap as it is on the secondary of the HV transformer, whereas C900 (1000/50)
and C901 (1000/50) can be standard caps as they are not particularly
stressed on the low voltage side.

I do recommend the use of 105c capacitors if possible, they are better
quality...

John :-#)#