Need help with Lunar Lander PCB

From: Mike Watson <4mike4_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 21:29:19 EDT

If anyone can offer any advice it is greatly appreciated. I have a Lunar
Lander PCB that was working when I bought it about 9 months ago. It tested
good and I put it on a shelf in an anti-static bag.

After collecting parts for over a year, I finally finished assembling my
Lunar Lander this week. The board now has problems and is unplayable. Uggh.

Symptoms:
In test mode - I get the expected beeps, two then four. It then goes into an
endless test loop that seems to be normal and functioning properly - sound
and display are good.

Out of test mode - The game boots right up and is running, but what I get is
the attract screen flashing quickly, about 3 or 4 times/second. You cannot
coin a game, and there is no response to any input. It is hard to see, but
if I look closely at the display, I can tell that it is alternating between
the attract message ' 750 fuel unit per coin' and 'press start'. As if it
had coined up by itself for a fraction of a second.

So far, I have verified good power to the PCB and reseated all socketed ICs.
The board does the same thing in a completely different cabinet.
Thanks,
Mike