Playing Vector Games on the Big Screen

From: Robert Mudryk <rob_at_lasers.org>
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 03:10:59 EDT

Last Weekend, we got permission to do a LaserMAME demo at 6 Flags Darien
Lake, Buffalo NY... We havn't got the Video cut to images or mpeg's
yet... but here is a daylight pic of the Screen we used... approx
size of the screen is 40' x 60' (12m x 16m) in size and 20 feet off
the ground. As for Audio, there is enough Bass Bins to feel the
explosions from Asteroids at 300' away

We played about 300' away the first night, and have plans to setup on
that platform in the picture next time which is about 100' away from the
screen... at 100' feet away with the audio... warping down the tube
in Tempest almost makes you sea sick...

The Console was made out of a PAC cabinet we cut in half (Top Half
Removed) and I Measured the control spacing... only thing I missed was
the Height... I was about 3" too low for Asteroids...

We are going to try another Attempt probably in July, at the same place,
if anyone is interested in coming out to help test, let me know...

http://download.lasers.org/darienlakescreen.jpg

Later,

Rob.