Re: Another reason to build an X/Y monitor(s)

From: Aaron Howald <ahowald_at_w-link.net>
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 01:00:29 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neil Bradley" <nb@synthcom.com>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Another reason to build an X/Y monitor

> > > For slightly more information go to: www.zektor.com and click on the ZVG link.
> > Spiffy! Any ideas of cost? I assume any windows program can send data to the paralell port
> > to run it?
>
> Not designed for Windows - DOS drivers will be provided. Besides, who
> needs Windows to run a vector monitor? ;-)

Actually, the board itself does not; but the program I am using to drive it does!
Any program can drive it that can put pixels on the screen....and has to support 24/32 bit mode
for tech reasons (DOS may work in 256 mode)...oh, and you also can only use ONE type of video card
for some reason?!

What baud rate is the paralell port set to?

Aaron