Re: Amplifone tube replacement

From: Joe Bachmann <joe.bachmann_at_newmail.net>
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 22:28:08 EDT

You can connect it as is. It won't hurt your deflection circuitry or yoke. The
screen may be pincussioned or barreled out a bit though. It doesn't bother most
people.

To remove the yoke, take the rings off first, then the yoke. Usually it's hot
glued on, be careful not to damge the tube.

I will gladly take the old tube off your hands if it doesn't have really bad
burn in such as a hole through the center.

JB