Re: Anybody done John's Raster Hack for Ampliphone?

From: Gregg Woodcock <woodcock_at_sisna.com>
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 14:38:10 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Robertson" <pinball@telus.net>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>; "vectorlist" <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Anybody done John's Raster Hack for Ampliphone?

> The 1 ohm resistor must be present to protect the filament of the picture
> tube. Just make sure there is one in circuit.

That's a reiteration of what is on the page. Here is the question:
Is the resistor already there or must it always be added?
In other words, what *exactly* do you mean by "must be present"?
Do you mean, "do not remove it" or do you mean, "you must add one" or
something else?

> The RGB is not required if you can bypass the brightness control. No
reason
> not to leave it in place, I was just trying to simplify the thing. I
> haven't done a second one as there has been no need so far.

You give steps 1 through 5 and make no mention of the other things added
around the yoke that appear in the modified schematics. Are there "missing"
written steps? There sure appears to be...