Re: Asteroids ? Ships are supersized

From: Robert Bayes <RobertAB_at_swbell.net>
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 19:35:03 EDT

Hi John:

I took your advice (below) and scrounged around for an old BW set. The only thing I could find that came close was something I already had--an old 9" bw monitor. I removed its HV diode (pictured at link below)...

http://home.swbell.net/robertab/P7130021.jpg

My question is will this work? Since it's only a nine inch screen is the HV dependant on screen size like color monitors? Can I assume this diode has sufficient reverse breakdown voltage for the 19V2000's ~14.5kV?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

Robert