A bad day in My arcade (V2000 help)

From: Mark E Davidson <mark_at_basementarcade.com>
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 15:00:42 EDT

SO I have one of those "everyone to my house to play gams" parties only
to have everything break. My major havoc - Dead board, Lunner lander -
No screen, Qix, Tapper, Crazy climber, Crystal castle, Daytona, and 3
other Raster boards, all go bad with various problems and the screen in
my Donkey kong goes out too.

The good news is that 99% of it is all fixed with the exception of the
Lunar Lander.

What I started with:

Lots of deflection clatter,
Picture on scope,
11Kv of high voltage,
No spot killer,
No picture on monitor

What I did:

Recap monitor (because it was never done since i owned it)
Remove all .156 connectors and old solder, reapply

What I have now:

Lots of deflection clatter,
Picture on scope,
12Kv of high voltage,
No spot killer,
No picture on monitor

If I turn up the brightness, I do have a picture.. In fact, to looks
just like my scope... Retrace lines and all. But there is no way to to
get a picture with out driving the brightness too high. (and getting the
center spot on the tube and all the lines.

The monitor was working fine before all this.. (mark looks around the
room for help with a dumb look on his face)