Re: Another H1812 source

From: Joe Bachmann <joe.bachmann_at_newmail.net>
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 01:27:06 EDT

Rodger,

Good point, that probably wouldn't be enough for a HV diode that we are using.
But, the drawing you gave will only test that the diode is conducting one
direction or the other. Using that method the diode could be shorted. So, we
would need to use DC to run this, not AC. Just adding in a simple bridge
rectifier with a decent filter cap should be enough. You will of course need to
test the diode both directions in the circuit.

I can draw this up in a quick pdf if anyone would like to see it, but maybe
someone could do a nice ascii of it.

JB