Protect your Vector monitor...

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 15:51:02 EDT

Reading the newsgroups about some monitor failures I thought I should
expand an idea I think I posted here a while ago, and a test...

One thing to watch on ALL vector monitors is that there is a firm
connection between the chassis of the monitor with both the cabinet ground
and the logic board common (ground) to avoid voltage offsets. I recommend
running a separate ground wire between the monitor and power supply
chassis, and the logic board common and the same chassis.

A quick test to see if this is a good idea is to simply get a voltmeter and
measure the voltage differences between the monitor chassis, power supply,
and the logic board commons. It should be 0.0VDC. If it is above 0.5VDC you
will blow the outputs in the near future...

John :-#)#