Re: Source for CA3080 on Cinematronics sound board?

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 13:36:58 EDT

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:41:56 EDT, MKDUD@aol.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
> I've got a Star Castle audio board that has no large explosion sound. I
>think I've narrowed it to the CA3080. Does anybody know of a source for
>these?

Shoot! I forgot about these things! They can be setup to act like a 4 quadrant
multiplier. I should have looked into this part when looking for a replacement
for the MC1495 (for pincushion control on the ZVG).

These seem to be pretty available, click here and follow the links:

   http://www.intersil.com/design/parametric/distilist.asp?pn=CA3080AE

After reading the spec sheet it looks like the LM13700 that we ended up using to
replace the MC1495's, is more linear than the CA3080, and a better match (it's a
dual part.)

-Zonn