Re: G08 deflection custom chip

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 21:51:41 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zonn" <zonn@zonn.com>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: VECTOR: G08 deflection custom chip

> On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:02:33 -0700, Zonn <zonn@zonn.com> wrote:
>
> Just to clarify, I'm not currently working on a Sega custom chip
replacement,
> but if anyone is interested in the above circuit, let me know.

I'm am interested in your circuit. What would it take to get you to start
working on a replacement Sega custom chip?? ;-)

Anyway, maybe some people could help me at least figure out the pinouts of
this device?

Pin 1 - wiper of height pot. Other inputs to pot are Y analog signal and Y
yoke output
Pin 2 - output that drives X circuit
Pin 3 - wiper of height center. Other inputs to pot are -9.1V and +9.1V
Pin 4 - GND
Pin 5 - connected to width pot. Wiper is connected to X yoke output, and
other input is NC
Pin 6 - +9.1V
Pin 7 - ? hooked to pin 10 via 12pf capacitor. According to manual, output
should be 7.5VDC
Pin 8 - NC
Pin 9 - ? hooked to GND via 1K resistor
Pin 10 - ? Y analog input
Pin 11 - Y analog input
Pin 12 - -9.1V
Pin 13 - connected to pin 14 via 22k resistor
Pin 14 - X analog input
Pin 15 - connected to pin 14 via 22k resistor (same as pin 13)
Pin 16 - ? Y input; hooked to pin 10 via 22pf capacitor and 30k resistor in
parallel
Pin 17 - wiper for V center; Other inputs to pot are -9.1V and +9.1V
Pin 18 - output that drives Y circuit

I'm not exactly sure what 7, 9, 10, and 16 are. If someone could take a
quick look at the schematics to help me flush these out a bit? Schematics
can be found many places online, but they are in my Electrohome G08 FAQ at
http://www.enteract.com/~jenison/mars for sure.

--
Mark Jenison