Re: ZVG special pricing

From: Neil Bradley <nb_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 14:59:29 EDT

> One last question about ZVG. I'm thinking there will be some buyers out
> there with the assumption that they can throw their old 486 pc in a cabinet
> and run ZVG off of it without any issues. From my understanding, the ZVG
> will run the best if your PC is at least a PII 600Mhz or better. What's the
> recommend hardware or what assumptions should we avoid?

There is no tie in terms of CPU speed and ZVG speed. It'll all depend upon
the software you're going to run. Note that whatever motherboard you use
will need to have an ECP capable parallel port to work. Fortunately, if a
486 motherboard doesn't do the job, Pentium motherboards are dirt cheap.

The ZVGEmu we will provide will easily run all of its games on a Pentium
200 under Windows (though you will have to shut off the rasterization to
achieve it with the -novideo option when it's launched). ZVGEmu is a
Windows app primarily because of the difficulty in supporting the myriad
of video cards, joysticks, and sound cards under DOS. VESA Support has
gotten considerably worse over the years with everyone's migration to
non-DOS environments.

-->Neil