Re: Screen on my G05 getting larger, then smaller

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 01:00:20 EDT

I'm on vacation in Las Vegas to bring all of you the latest information
on the newest vector games (shouldn't take that long ;) )

But I digress. On your machine I'd be checking the solder on the
wirewound yoke return resistor. If the connection would go flaky the
picture would shrink. Or the resistor itself could be bad.

Remember, a vector monitor is partly a stereo amp so you can treat is as
one and just swap the X and Y inputs. If the other axis now has the
problem it's the board, if it's the same axis it's the monitor (but you
already know all of that, don't you?)

Another test, get out the old XY scope and hook it to the inputs of the
monitor. It should be rock solid if the game board is OK. Now hook it
up to the sense resistors instead. If it's still rock solid the
resistors are the problem, if not then something else on the monitor is
changing the gain.