TECH: Battlezone G05-805 monitor question

From: Commander Dave <cmdr-dave_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 20:41:33 EDT

Hi all,

Got the cap kit with the transistors, installed, and there wasn't any
change. Sigh....
I got the freeze spray back out and if I spray the D904 HV diode a good bit,
it does shrink the pictures very slightly, but not in frame completely.

My guess is that I blew the new HV diode before I knew not to discharge the
monitor without resistors (10 x 100K Ohm), so now I am going to replace the
diode again and see what I get. Before I do, I need to get a sanity check:

1: When installing the HV diode (H1809/H1812), there is a stripe on one end.
Does that stripe go toward the transformer or toward the cap that goes in
the tube? On the schematics it has a + side marked toward the tube. I think
I know, but just want to hear it from one of you guys. I don't feel like
blowing another one up.

2. I am still looking for verification that swapping an H1812 for a H1809
will work at all. If not, that might explain why things aren't working out.

3. If anyone has psychic powers, can you tell me where I put my last two
H1812 diodes??? <grins>

Thanks,
-Commander Dave