RE: Question on ELMINATOR SOUND CARD with NO AUDIO Output and X/Y Output.....

From: Stempak Arcadius-ASTEMPA1 <ASTEMPA1_at_motorola.com>
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 01:33:09 EDT

Kerry,
^^^^^

 Thank You......
Appreciate your response........

Arcadius......... :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: K. S. [mailto:kstillinger@sc.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 10:55 PM
To: vectorlist@synthcom.com
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Question on ELMINATOR SOUND CARD with NO AUDIO
Outputand X/Y Output.....

Yes- you can safely use the X/Y outputs for deflection into a scope or
something without hooking up the color signals.

  You will (should) get an image with the MOVETO vector lines drawn from one
vector to another. These are usually blanked by the color signals going to
cutoff level. This should be a valid test of the XY timing boards. I have
seen problems with the color boards not going into cutoff, resulting in
retrace
lines of one color displayed.

   Good luck,
  Kerry