Re: Question on ELMINATOR SOUND CARD with NO AUDIO Output and X/Y Output.....

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 08:36:38 EDT

> Mark,
> *****
>
> One other thing the AY-89xx (Big Chip) on the ELIMINATOR
> Sound Board is Missing, should this Socket Contain a CHIP ???

The AY-8912 chip is not necessary for Eliminator sound board. Missing is
fine. If it's there, that's fine too, but it does nothing. However, the
sound board was also used for Zektor, and Zektor did use the chip to
generate sounds. These chips can be found on old Trivia/Tic Tac Toe/Phrase
Craze Merit boards.

Again, I don't think your sound board is the problem, however.

--
Mark Jenison