RE: beating the flaming G-80 horse

From: Stempak Arcadius-ASTEMPA1 <ASTEMPA1_at_motorola.com>
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 01:35:21 EDT

Joe,
****

 I once attempted to replace the G-80 Power Supply,
long ago, with a Switcher, and had some success
running a STAR TREK Boardset, which I ultimately sold
off on Ebay as I needed the $$$.

 Basically and as long as you have the +5, -5, +12, and -12
Volts you should be good to go. Make sure the +5 is at least
10 AMPS or better, mine was 11 (Ever see Spinal Tap, you know 11)

 As for the 6.3 VAC, if I recall this is for the RESET CKT
and I myself used 12 VDC with success, but have heard that
you can also use 5 VDC in place of the 6.3 VAC.

 As for an AMP, well to be honest I used an ATARI AUDIO REG II
Board, and Only powered the AMP SECTION, then ran the
AUDIO IN,+ - and AUDIO OUT + - with a 10K Pot on the Output.

 A bit of a Wiring Mess but worked for me.

Arcadius...........