Troubleshooting for Omega Race?

From: Chris Starr <cstarr_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 07:34:18 EDT

Does anyone have a flowchart for troubleshooting an Omega Race PCB?
This board I am working on has no acid damage, but is basically DOA.

Here is what I have done:

1) Replaced all 2114 ram chips with a test set of known good chips. (I still
have the originals)
2) Checked the A/D chips for functionality. (They're fine)
3) Monitor is good, It's a Wells Gardner 15" XY . I tested it with my
battlezone with no troubles.
4) Daughterboard seems to be ok, I can monitor input pulses from the rotary
encoders, and push buttons, along with the test switch.
5) The power supply is A-OK. It's putting out clean and correct voltages.
6) All roms chips have been verified to be good by checking their crc on an
eprom burner.

I have a logic probe, and have started to pick my way through the board
looking for trouble spots, but need to ask if anyone has expertise in where
some
typical problem areas are to look at first. I also have an HP 5005A
signature
analyzer at my disposal if anyone has any recommendations on setting it up
so that the z80a runs a NOP loop.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

c-starr