Omega Race Acid Damage HEED HELP!

From: Nooner <nooner69r_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 12:48:41 EDT

Howdy Y'all
I'm back The Asteroids machine is still working great in case you were wondering. At any rate my new project is an Omega Race with a burst battery (yard sale find $80 chassis in excelent condition). The resistors on the main board are coroded at the connections and will be replaced this weekend. Has anyone used the 3.6v batteries from radioshack ($9.99) what have 2 leads coming off (I think they are cordless phone batteries)? It just seems like an easy solution to the relocation problem. Anyway Radioshack appears to have all the resisters in stock so I'm going out there today.

In test mode I am getting the right tones out of the machine.

Other issues with them machhine- The Electrohome monitor doesn't display correctly (Imagine that). I am getting a pair of jagged lines that basically flow from the lower left hand corner and glide up to the upper right hand corner. There is no burn in- and no killspot (if that is an issue for these machines like on Asteroids).

The previous owner tried to make it a free play machine by shorting out the coin door (I guess the manual was too hard to understand for him- GET THE SCISORS AND MAKE IT WORK was his solution). So I'm ordering another pair of mechanisms from Happ and resoldering his fix/break. Heres another question on the coin door issue. There is a pair of green and gellow striped wires (paired with zip ties) one of them has a wire nut on it and connects to a red and white striped wire- that connects to the coin door right in the middle behind the williams plaque. The other green/yellow one has onlly a wirenut on it and is just hanging. Anybody know where that one goes?

The flourescent tubes are working- however I was looking at KLOV and there was reference to blacklight illumination for these. Can anyone support/dispell this?

I will surely have more questions- thanks

Nooner