Re: TECH: Battlezone G05-805 monitor - still having problems

From: Commander Dave <cmdr-dave_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 09:54:44 EDT

Hi all,

I finally got back out to the workshop and did some measurements on the monitor while the game was running. Roughly, all the voltages are a little low. Here is the rundown:

40 VDC (measured at F102) ~ 33 VDC (this goes to the EHT)
30 VAC measured at F100 & F101 ~ 27.6 VAC Each (this is input from the harness to the monitor)
34 VDC for the B+ measured at Pin 1 on connector P600 and P700: ~32 VDC

And the big find of the day is that

90 VDC measured at Pin 1 on P500 starts at close to 90 VDC, but then after about 15 minutes of warm-up, has dropped to around 70 VDC!
The high voltage measured at the anode starts out at about 12 KV (about normal), but after the warm-up, is down to about 9.3 KV.
At this time, the monitor has went into full bloom. None of the other voltage drop.

Another thing I found is that my schematic for the HV cage PCB is not correct in the monitor manual. The HV PCB layout says P900 PCB in the manual, but the actual HV PCB says P300. Anyone got the correct schematic? Things just don't match up between the two...

Still looking for the problem, but at least I am on the trail again. Comments?

RODGER: Sorry for the misspelling my friend - from your response you must get a good bit of that. :-) Thanks for the help.

Regards,
-Commander Dave