Re: FA: GO8 XY monitor bench tested...

From: Marc Alexander <marcwolf123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 08:18:47 EDT

I really shouldn't be back into an OT post, sorry all :)
I'm sure there's a setting in there somewhere to translate tech! :)

Vector relation:
    BabelFish
>Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy
>Vector graphics used on HHGTTG display unit,
            some of the most extensive and entertaining
            vector graphics used in a show :)
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/

BTW if someone can supply a suitable DAC part number that
will replace the old DAC80 (DAC1280?), I have already put myself down with
Paul to do the schematics and pcb layout of a new adapter,
and Paul will make the first prototype on veroboard and test it.
(I can hear Paul groaning now ;) )

Can anyone with extensive vec gen knowledge (Zonn? :) ) pick
a suitable DAC that could go in to replace the DAC80 (DAC1280)
listed on the old Cine>WG circuit?
Let me know if you need the old Cine>WG circuit pdf file.

(IMO, US$11 is not so bad for low qty's of a 12 bit DAC)

Cheers,

Marc

One of my favourite quotes:

Arthur Dent looks up "Earth" in the Hitchhiker's Guide
Arthur Dent: What's it say? "Harmless." Just one word? *Harmless?*

Announcer: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small,
unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet
whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a really neat idea.