Re: TECH: dead Amplifone

From: Mark Shostak (DOS) <shostak_at_augustmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 09:56:51 EST

If you pull the BU406D out, you can power the HV board up and verify your regulators are working properly,
and that the waveform on the 555 output is correct (through the chain to the BU406D).

Other than that, there's not much you can do.

A HOT HOT (pun intended) is generally a good indication of a bad HVT.

The only other thing you might check is shorted secondaries, which on that board is limited to
video B+ and heater.

-Mark

btw, tom, your red hvt is bad (go figure) and actually has the same symptoms as Karl's.