Re: Re[2]: Significantly drop G2/brightness (4600 raster hack)?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 01:21:27 EST

The 1 ohm resistor is in series with the heater on the tube, to reduce the
inrush current and improve it's life span...

What is the problem with G2? Is it too high? Then pull the SCREEN
potentiometer from some raster monitor that mounts it on the neckboard and
wire it across the existing G2 and common (ground) and then you can hook
the wiper to the tubes G2 and adjust it to the recommended value. You don't
want to use an ordinary potentiometer as I don't think they are high
voltage safe, but the screen pots on neckboards are ceramic and safe to
handle the voltage for G@ AFAIK.

John :-#)#